- Guava is a rich souce of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E. It also contains folic acid, potassium, manganese and copper.
- Guava is a laxative fruit. Being a rich souce of dietary fiber, it helps to cure constipation.
- Guava is packed with vitamins and minerals that help to keep the skin healthy, fresh and wrinkle free.
- Guava contains the powerful antioxidant Vitamin C to boost the immune system. It plays a vital role and helps in cancer prevention and anti-aging.
- Magnesium in guavas helps to relax the nerves and muscles in the body.
- Potassium in guavas helps to regulate the blood pressure by reversing the role of sodium in unbalancing the normal blood pressure.
- Guava is rich in Vitamin C which helps to prevent the viral infections like cold and cough. It also effectively helps in treating scurvy.
- Guava has very good astringent properties. It helps in treating gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea or dysentery.
- Vitamin A and the fiber content in guava helps to protect the colon mucous membrane.
- Guava is a cholesterol free fruit. It satisfies and keeps the stomach free from hunger for a long time. It assists in weight reduction and helps to control diabetes.
Guava is also a great fruit to juice with. It can take the edge off of dark green vegetables/leaves and make for a naturally sweeter energy drink.