Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- Maida/All Purpose Flour – 160 Gms
- Condensed Milk/Milkmaid – 260 Gms
- Baking Powder – 1-1/2 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 40 Gms
- Unsalted Butter or Margarine – 100 Gms
- Vanilla Essence (dry or liquid) – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Milk as required – 200 ml
Decoration or Icing Ingredients:
- Butter – 1/2 cup or 150 gm
- Icing Sugar or Normal Sugar Powder – 2-3 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tsp
- Chocolate gratings – as required
Time to Prepare: 1 hr
- Mix maida or all purpose flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Sieve the mixed ingredients thrice before starting the beating process.
- Beat the unsalted butter or margarine and condensed milk with the help of whisk to prepare smooth paste. If you use a whisk or spatula instead of an Egg Beater, you may have to beat lot more than what you would with an Egg Beater – at least for 10 to 15 minutes. The beating process in beater should be in a single direction.
- Divide the sieved maida, baking powder and cocoa powder mixture (from step 1) into 3 proportions and add each one of these proportions slowly, bit by bit, while you keep beating the batter.
- Now add milk and vanilla essence slowly and beat again. If the batter is too thick, add extra milk. The batter should come out as thick as an idly or a dosa batter.
Baking process using microwave in convection mode:
- Preheat microwave oven in convection mode for about 9-10 min.
- Take the cake tin, grease the tin with butter well. Try to dust a single tsp. of maida all over the tin uniformly. Keep aside.
- Fill about half or 3/4 of the cake tin with the cake batter from the above by pouring the batter into the tin. Allow the cake batter to settle in the cake tin by patting and shaking the cake tin so that the batter settles well inside the tin. The batter inside the cake tin this way becomes free of air particles inside itself.
- In the microwave oven, bake the cake in convection mode at 180 Centigrade for about 30-40 minutes until the Cake turns slightly golden brown. It is not possible to bake cookies and cakes in basic or grill mode of microwave oven. The baking time may take a little less or more time and hence keep watching. Remove the baked cake from nicrowave oven. Once removed, make sure you check with a wooden stick to see if the Cake is baked well by piercing the wooden stick in the middle of the Cake. If the cake is not baked fully, the cake tends to stick to the wooden stick. If yet to be baked, heat the cake in microwave in convection mode for further 15 min or so and bake again.
- Once the cake is baked, allow the cake to cool completely in the cake tin itself for about 2 hrs. With this, the eggless chocolate cake is ready to be served.
- Once cooled, remove eggless chocolate cake from from the cake tin and place it on a plate. Now cut the cake’s top layer carefully with knife, make the top layer as flat and uniform as possible so that the cake icing can be spread well on the eggless Cake.
Decoration or Icing process on the cake:
- Have a bowl, add icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter and beat it slowly using whisk or spatual till you get the proper spread and consistency of icing.
- Spread the icing on all sides of the Cake with the help of spatulla and/or knife.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on the icing and decorate with few Cherries and Almonds.
- Keep the eggless chocolate cake prepared in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 1-2 hr. Once chilled, cut the Eggless Chocolate Cake in desired shape.
Your home prepared Eggless Chocolate Cake is now ready to be relished.