- Rice – 1 cup
- Grated Carrot – 1 cup (Apprx. 2 medium sized carrot)
- Green Chillies – 3-4
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- White Lenthils / Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut grated – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice or Nimbu Juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
How to Prepare:
- Cook the 1 cup of Rice with 2-1/4 cup of water in a pressure cooker.
- Chop the Green Chillies and keep them aside.
- Remove cooked Rice from the pressure cooker; spread the Rice on a dinner plate and leave the Rice to become cool.
- In the frying pan, heat Oil. Add Mustard seeds; once the seeds splutter, add Urad dal. Once the dal ingredients turn golden brown, drop Curry leaves into the pan and fry for a minute more. Add chopped Green Chillies and fry them for a minute.
- Now add grated Carrot, Turmeric powder and fry for 4-5 min. Once the grated carrot is cooked, add Salt and mix well.
- Now add cooked Rice and and mix well. Then add Lemon/Nimbu Juice, grated Coconut and mix well.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Share a recipe with us and we will post it here. Mail us on email@example.com