- Oats flour 1/2 cup
- Rock sugar or Brown sugar 1 cup
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Lemon zest 1 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp
- Hazel nut/Walnut 2 tbsp
- Dates chopped 2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Soda bi carb 1/4 tsp
- Grind separately oats and rock sugar into a find powder.
- Sieve baking powder and soda bi-carb with oat flour.
- In a bowl mix oil, rock sugar powder and milk.
- Now add oat flour into the milk bowl, mix and blend it with a beater for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, ginger, hazel nut and dates into the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into a baking tray and bake at 180 degree for 30 minutes in OTG oven.
Oat flour is very light but dry, hence milk, nuts and oil are added. Dates are rich in iron. Ginger and lemon are good for digestion and decrease vata.
Source: Rishimukh – The Art Of Living Monthly Magazine (August 2012)