- Category: Vegetarian , Sattvic , Salads
- Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- 1/2 potato, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup French beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 apple, cored and cut into small cubes
- 2 pineapple slices, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 8–10 raisins
- In a vegetable steamer or a sieve set inside a pot, steam the potato, carrot, and French beans together for about 15 minutes, until tender. Cool the vegetables.
- In a serving bowl, combine the steamed vegetables with the apple, pineapple, and grapes.
- For the dressing, whisk the yogurt, honey, and salt in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well to combine. Sprinkle the salad with almonds and raisins and serve.
Did You Know?
A diet high in fruits and vegetables, helps prevent and cure a wide range of ailments. The more you eat the better. Fruits and vegetables contain phytochemicals, which are known to offer a cure for some of our most deadly diseases. Fresh vegetables (with the exception of avocados and olives) have no fat, cholesterol, or sodium, and few calories. They are much, much more than fiber and water. Vegetables are the most fiber-rich, nutrient-packed foods in the diet.